Thursday, February 7, 2013

Road Blocks

This week I planned on giving my viewers a song to ponder. I agonized over this. I thought about writing it all week but as Wednesday came around the only progress I had, was a chorus and a few thoughts. As I attempted to write down my thoughts I was feeling good. When I went back to re-read what i had, it was crap. Straight crap. As I wrote it again, it was just as bad. The third time around, still not good. So here it is, All that i have for this week:

(chorus)
I'm not well, but I'm well enough to understand
that your words just melt in the sand
that you have us in the palm of your hand

you play the part, but you've fallen short
10 steps ahead of where you're not
you surround yourself with those who buy this shit
but trust me, I have not

After this week's fiasco, I have much more respect for the great lyricists. It is much more challenging that I initially intended. But stayed tuned, I will have more for next week, I promise. 

1 comment:

  1. I always have a time writing anything with any sort of rhyme scheme...I cannot even remember how to spell "rhyme." But you did the hardest part of all, getting it down and out while your head was screaming "no." Just keep writing and don't analyze, don't judge. Just grab a blank notebook that no one will see and write whatever pops into your head and do not cross anything out, do not revise, just write. Eventually, a gem will peak out...but in order to get to that gem you have to get words onto the paper. Any words. Keep a notebook next to your bed, sometimes the best work comes right when we wake up, before our brains have a chance to tell us it is not worth writing down. Great work here, pushing through when your head was filled with doubt and judgement. I cannot wait to see what comes next.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete