Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Where Does The Truth Lie?

She was just a baby herself
Starting to find her footing on the ground
'till late one night, she took one step too far
and all she was left was a decision and these scars
they called her shameful, they called her a whore
and they say its a sin and try to take away her right

I'm not well but I'm well enough to understand
that your words just melt in the sand
that you have us in the palm of your hands

(chorus)
You play the part, but you've fallen short
10 steps ahead of where you're not

You surround yourself, with those who buy this shit
but trust me, I have not

"We just can't swing it" are words he hears a lot
three part time jobs, his mother can't do enough
But every night, he prays he won't get sick
because god knows what'll happen, it just wont add up
they say we have other things to worry about
and it'll just hurt us in the end
but if hurting us is what they are worried about
then you may want to think twice

(chorus)

Because you play the part, but you've fallen short
10 steps ahead of where you're not

You surround yourself with those who buy this shit
But trust me, I have not

3 comments:

  1. And away you go...you are on to something here...this feels like a song to me! Cannot wait to hear it with music. The chorus is catchy, which is just what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is better than anything that has come out on radio recently as far as lyrics go so I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cr** this is amazing!!!! I really want to hear this with music. Love the lyrics!!! Keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete